Weekend closures due on Torrisholme Road (B5321) for new Link Road construction
A series of weekend road closures are required on Torrisholme Road B5321 for engineers to progress construction of the new Torrisholme Road Bridge.
The road will be closed from Russell Drive to Barley Cop Lane (one-way road leading to Crematorium) allowing the works on the bridge to be carried out safely. Access to properties and a pedestrian through-route will remain open on Torrisholme Road, Barley Cop Lane and Russell Drive throughout the closures.
The planned closures are as follows:
- Saturday 3 October 6am – 8pm
- Saturday 10 October 6am – Monday 12 October 5am
- Saturday 17 October 6am – Monday 19 October 5am
- Saturday 24 October 6am – Monday 26 October 5am
- Saturday 31 October 6am – 8pm
- Saturday 7 November 6am – 8pm
- Saturday 14 November 6am – 8pm
- Saturday 21 November 6am – 8pm
- Saturday 28 November 6am – Monday 30 November 5am
- Saturday 5 December 6am – Monday 7 December 5am
Costain has planned the closures at weekends to minimise disruption and avoid peak traffic.
Costain construction manager, Richard Helme said “The closures are essential for us to carry out the work safely and avoid any risk to live traffic. We hope people can appreciate that closures of Torrisholme Road are essential for works, and we will do our best to remove each closure as soon as the activity is complete”.