Morecambe Road/A683 junction – Traffic Management layout changes from 26/10/15
The temporary layout of the Morecambe Road/A683 junction will change on Monday 26th October 2015.
The changes for traffic are as follows: (see graphic as a guide)
- The location of the Hadrian Road give-way junction onto Morecambe Road will be moved easterly from its current location towards Lancaster as part of the new layout.
- Hadrian Road will run on the new Hadrian Link onto the A683, traffic will run through this new section and join Morecambe Road at a temporary give-way junction.
- McDonalds drive thru entrance will move westerly towards Morecambe and adjacent to Morecambe Road School entrance.
- McDonalds exiting traffic will travel on a single lane and one way road towards the residential area on the former carriageway of Hadrian Road. They will be brought to a giveway junction onto Hadrian Road and then directed left to return to Morecambe Road via the A683 carriageway.
- There will be no footpath available to cross the A683 carriageway. Pedestrians will need to use the temporary crossing and new footpath located on the college side of Morecambe Road.
- The live carriageway of Morecambe Road will remain on its current alignment.
- There will be no access to Heysham or Northgate from the A683 as this will remain closed until the end of the year.
Costain Community Relations Officer, Tom Horton said; “We will continue to monitor the traffic management once implemented. We would encourage anyone with concerns over the changes to contact the Community Relations Team direct via the helpline: 01524 542 111 or email: email@example.com”